State Government | Andhra Pradesh - India | PID: 192262
In a big boost to medical infrastructure in the state, the Centre has sanctioned three new medical colleges to the state. The new colleges would come up in Paderu (Visakhapatnam), Gurazala (Guntur) and Machilipatnam (in Krishna district). The Centre, which initially declined to grant the new colleges to the state, finally cleared the decks for setting up three new colleges under Central Sponsored Scheme (CSS). As per the CSS, the Centre is sanctioning new colleges only in the districts where there are no medical colleges in private and government sector. The state government contended that they were going to create at least 12 new districts in the state and urged the Centre to grant the new colleges in the new districts to be formed. The Centre would bear 60% of the project cost with the state contributing the remaining 40%. Each college would be set up with a cost of Rs 325 crore. As per the MoU to be signed between the Centre and the State, Union health ministry would sanction Rs. 195 crore to each medical college leaving the state to share Rs. 130 crore. The new colleges would come up in the existing referral or district hospitals. Interestingly, chief minister YS Jaganmohan Reddy had recently directed the medical and health officials to ready proposals for setting up at least one government medical college in each Lok Sabha constituency. At least seven more colleges were expected to be proposed in the second phase. | Updated on: 21 - Mar - 2020
Search Tenders By Product: Building Project
To view this paid Project you can either "Buy this Project" or subscribe our annual Project Alert Service and get access to all similar Projects. If you are registered member, please fill in the subscription form below . If not, please Register first.
Step 1 - Select a plan
Select Plan Unit Rate Subscription Validity
Rs. 29500 /-
Step 2 - If registered user, please fill below form
(*) Mandatory fields
Email Id *
States Interested In
Projects Interested In
Select Payment Type
Verification Code *
Note : As Goods and Services Tax is set to be implemented from 1st July 2017. The transition provisions under GST law applies to all services provided by e-Procurement Technologies Limited to its clients on or after 1st July 2017 and GST tax rate and other taxes are applicable as extra for all services provided.